The Hungry EcoCities project is launching its 2nd OPEN CALL, Call for Art-Driven Experiments, targeting European SMEs connected to the agri-food sector to explore the potential of integrating technology and art for tackling aspects such as food waste, a more sustainable food value chain, and more ethical food consumption in the EU.
We are seeking applications from SMEs to identify and select the most relevant test sites in the food and agriculture sectors, demonstrating a potential to experiment with digital technologies.
The 10 selected SMEs – will receive:
• Equity-free funding of up to € 45,000
• Mentorship during a 14-month support programme
• Support of scholars from Europe’s leading universities in science and technology
• Artistic experimentation to generate innovative product/service ideas
• Chance to apply the experiments in the public domain
• Access to digital project tools developed for Hungry EcoCities
• Access to Hungry EcoCities’ dedicated Knowledge Hubs
This second Open Call begins on 15 February 2024 at 9:00 CET and closes on 15 May 2024 at 17:00 CEST. Find the application form and all other important information:
Hungry EcoCities aims to address the pressing issue of creating a healthier, more sustainable, responsible, and affordable agri-food system. It plans to achieve this by rethinking technology and design incorporating them into art-driven experimentation and prototyping processes. The project strives to demonstrate the potential of a standardised development framework in enabling European agri-food businesses to deliver responsible, AI-enabled responsible innovation, a key cog behind a
sustainable food chain. Become a part of a community where innovation plays a central role, in revolutionising the European agri-food sector! (for more information visit: Hungry EcoCities –S+T+ARTS)
This Hungry EcoCities project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon Europe research and innovation programme under grant agreement 101069990